A true leader is an inspiring force—someone
with integrity and a clear vision—not someone who is simply
loud, demanding, “pushy” or good at giving orders. An
effective leader can communicate his/her vision to others in support
of a particular mission. He/she succeeds by encouraging and nurturing
the talents—and opinions—of everyone on his/her team.
By cultivating and encouraging new ideas, obstacles
are tackled, objectives are met and enormous progress can be accomplished.
a clear focus on their role and commit to their work with tremendous
zeal, thanks to an effective leader.
- Have a clearly communicated vision and
- Act with honesty and integrity
- Are aware of their own strengths and weaknesses,
and rely on the strengths of all team members
- Are optimistic, pro-active, growth-oriented
- Take initiative and believe in their ability
to make a difference
- Lead by example, encouraging and nurturing
- Celebrate diversity and are willing to consider
other points of view
- Employ thoughtful examination and planning
- Recognize what is out of their control
- Act in the face of fear or adversity