Objectives for Washington, DC
Leaders of Tomorrow will…
Examine Business Leadership:
- Analyze the role leadership plays
in business and the corporate world.
- Learn how
identity, a leadership “vision” and mission
are vital to successful business.
- Consider how personal leadership visions intermingle
with corporate visions.
- Study the difference between an effective
business leader and a manager.
- Discover the importance of motivation
and inspiration in the workplace.
- Consider alternatives to hierarchal
structures and “the corporate
ladder” such as the team leadership approach.
Examine Community Leadership:
the role of volunteerism in the Community and what it means to “pay
- Explore the value of diversity and cultural differences.
Analyze how such differences impact international relations.
some major international concerns and consider the concept of “human
- Gain a better understanding of the Holocaust
through the eyes of a survivor and how leadership
can grow through
challenge and adversity
- Become informed as to the process of government
and politics in Washington, DC.
- Gain knowledge regarding the process
of lobbying and representing a cause.
- Examine the relationship between
governmental authority and individual liberty.
Understand the purpose of government, the distribution of power,
and the rights of citizens.
- Gain a better understanding of
the past, present and future of government and politics.
Study Presidential Leaders:
- George Washington
- Thomas Jefferson
- Abraham Lincoln
- Franklin Delano Roosevelt
- John F. Kennedy
Examine Military Leadership
- Gain knowledge of military leadership
from the past, present and future
- Consider the ways in which military
leaders serve one’s country.